Yellow Dog Inventory has a complete purchasing offering which includes requests, purchase orders, receipts, invoices, transfers, and returns to vendors.
The flow of these purchasing documents can be related – meaning a request for product can be created which can then be turned into a PO or perhaps a transfer.
The example below shows a manually entered invoice complete with miscellaneous expenses.
Vendor EDI Integration
Yellow Dog Software offers approximately 30 EDI interfaces with various vendors to electronically import invoices and price lists. Typically, these items are processed several times a day. Depending on your configuration, these invoices can come across as a receipt or a pending invoice awaiting your confirmation. You can also have invoices be automatically accepted.
The interface can take any new items and assign them to a temporary coding structure so that your invoice process is never interrupted.
The example below shows how an invoice from Sysco has been automatically imported as an invoice.
Commissary and Transfers to Multiple Outlets
Yellow Dog Inventory can be configured to manage all your enterprise’s physical inventory outlets. In the example below, we show how a location may have 7 outlets with the option to activate an item in any of those outlets. Note: these could be 7 physical “stores” across a multi-unit group.
Transfers between locations can be issued and accepted by a user, or the originating store can issue the transfer and the receiving location is required to accept it. You can also create a “Reverse Transfer” to return certain items back to the originating location. A great way to handle bringing unused product back into a location.
Standard Feature Listing of Yellow Dog Inventory
Below are some of the standard features included with Yellow Dog Inventory.
Purchasing, Receiving, and Requests
- Purchase Order – Requests can be converted to a PO or you can create new orders from scratch. Orders can be created based on par levels, inventory on hand, sales, or item lists
- PO Approvals- allows non-users of Yellow Dog Inventory to be involved in the PO Approval process through email notification and can include multi-tier approval requirements.
- Requests – Store can submit requests for review and approval. Requests can be created based on par levels, inventory on hand, sales, or item lists
- PO Worksheets- generate multiple Purchase Orders for multiple stores simultaneously.
- Receipts – Receive inventory with or without a PO
- Invoices – Enter item costs and additional expenses (freight, embroidery, etc.)
- EDI Invoices – Electronically receive vendor invoices with items and current costs
- Custom templates for all forms (requests, orders, receipts, invoices)
- Automatic order numbering
- Add new items on the fly
- Print Labels when receiving items
- Pre-allocate quantities on PO to auto-transfer to multiple stores on receipt
- “Purchasing View” let’s you view product by par and re-order values and create the PO directly from that view
- Purchase orders can be printed in the vendor’s defined currency with conversion
Transfers and Returns to Vendors
- Transfer items from one store to another
- Transfers can be automatic or require receipt and acceptance
- Custom transfer templates
- Automatic transfer numbering
- Add new items on the fly during the transfer process
- Return items to vendors
- Custom template for returns
- Automatic transfer numbering based on Store, Vendor, Incremental, and manual input
- Record accounting reason for return
- Reverse transfers to return items to originating location