ABOUT YELLOW DOG SOFTWARE
Started in 2006, Yellow Dog Software is a proven provider of inventory management systems to the hospitality market.
Yellow Dog Software is privately owned, has no investors, and has no debt. Means we do what we want, when we want, how we want, etc. and also means we aren't on a short term track to be sold.
Our goal is to deliver a software system to our clients that allows them to work faster and smarter and help uncover areas of their business that need to be improved. We believe that we are partners with each client and share the unified goal of getting you live with a complete and successful inventory system. That partnership continues after go-live with a “no charge” policy for any training needed for the life of your Yellow Dog Inventory system.
Perhaps the best way to summarize our committed approach to our clients is with the following riddle:
Question: In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, what's the difference between the Chicken and the Pig?
Answer: The Chicken is involved, but the Pig is committed!
There are lots of companies that will sell you software (Chicken).
Yellow Dog Software is one that wants to provide you with a solution (Pig).
WHY THE NAME?
We chose the name Yellow Dog Software based on our President's, Jay Livingood, dog named Sola. She was a yellow dog; a mutt in terms of breed. However, Sola exhibited the qualities every dog owner desires. She was fiercely loyal, obedient, friendly, and always wanting to work.
These are the core values we embody as a software company. Loyal to our clients, obedient to the needs of our users, friendly in terms of a working relationship with customers, prospects, and partners, and a strong work ethic to ensure that our clients receive the best possible inventory solution for their business needs. There are thousands of software companies with more impressive and intimidating names. We choose a name that represents who we are - a loyal company that exists to serve our clients.
Click below for media on Yellow Dog Software:
- Lead Clients to Solutions. Don’t try to herd cats.
- Ball is 100% in your court or theirs – no uncertainty
- As soon as email escalates or when in doubt – PUFP (Pick up the phone)
- Email is a walkie-talkie, when possible - talk it out instead, God gave man speech way before email
- Toot your own horn, we all need good news
- Start client conversations with good news
- Assume we are wrong first, not the client
- There is no try, only do now or do later
- Anything that takes longer than a week to accomplish is too big a scope
- No one will teach your entire job, you will have to initiate it on your own – starts and ends with self
- Provide solutions that can be answered with a “Yes” or a “No, but…”. “Let me know your thoughts” are 5 forbidden words.
- Bad news can’t wait
- Spend 15 minutes on anything. Spend 16 minutes on nothing. On minute 16, you should be asking around for help.
- Never make an individual decision. Always have 2 or more people involved.
- We are a tribe, not a family. Tribes have purpose.
- Progress, not perfection.
- Be defensible
- Nothing exists or matters until it is beyond our 4-walls and into the hands of our clients
- Life happens, Work happens, Be prepared for both