Yellow Dog Inventory provides a complete workflow process for your physical inventory process.
Whether you can using a handheld or a paper count sheet to record your counts, the process in Yellow Dog Inventory is the same.
Step 1: Count Sheets (Determine what to count)
Step 2: Sessions (Enter those counts - Electronically or Manually)
Step 3: Physical (Pull in all sessions to see total counts and variances)
Count Sheets – For Manual Counts
Our system offers the ability to setup unlimited count sheets to present certain items in an order and grouping that meets your inventory needs.
The count sheets are 100% customizable in terms of what items or levels to include, the formatting of the actual count sheet template and what to name each count sheet. The templates can include a variety of item information such as the SKU, Item description, any of the 10 dimensions, the levels, and much more.
Mobile App – Electronic Counts
We offer an iOS and Android application to conduct physical inventory from a mobile device. This can be used on our all-in-one barcode scanners or a device paired with a Bluetooth barcode scanner. You can also use the camera on your device to scan bar codes as well.
- Scan barcodes to enter item counts
- Enter counts for parent or child sizes with a single scan
- Scan items individually or enter total item count
- Sync inventory counts to database through Wi-Fi or data connection
- Offline Mode for no cell/Wi-Fi locations
- Optional hardware available for purchase compatible with the App
The next step is to see your counts in the session list. If you are using the mobile app, these sessions will be created automatically.
You can see the counts captured in the mobile apps or the counts entered from the paper count sheets. When ready, you can select one or more sessions to create your physical.
After creating a physical, you will see your items and the counts that have been performed from your mobile and manual sessions. Previous on-hand and variances are clearly shown. Detailed historical reporting for physicals is included.
You can also count “child” items to properly count the “parent” totals. In the example below, you can see how both each and cases were counted to arrive at a single total amount.
You can set the effective date and time for each physical to allow you to post variances correctly. No need to rush to beat the clock or stop processing data until you have your counts done.
Standard Feature Listing of Yellow Dog Inventory
Below are some of the standard features included with Yellow Dog Inventory.
- Supports numerous handheld devices
- Physical count sheets can be grouped and sorted by location
- Mobile App for Count Sheets
- Apply physical inventory count changes as of a date/time
- List of items can be filtered to just show variances only between counts and on-hand
- Historical reporting of any physical
- Variance shown on screen and report
- Add all items, items by vendor, by levels, or individual items for counts
- Show item history on demand to determine variance
- Batch items allow for counting of ingredients
Next, go to Vendors
Go back to Retail Features
Go back to Retail Home